What came first, the tatts or the blog?
If you know us well, you’ll know that we’re not ones to cause a fuss (??…), but having just got inked for life with buddy tattoos…I thought I’d mark the event and get on it….actually make the blogsite that I’ve been promising to write since My Space went out of fashion (www.myspace.com/asboagogogirls) .
Rite so if you don’t really know who we are or what we do…then why the hell not?
We are ASBO a GoGo.
We like music. We like parties.
We are disk jockettes that play a mix tape riot of Rock & Roll, R&B, Punk as fuck, Reggae, Ragga, Dirty Indie, Council Pop, Power Ballads, Hip Hop, & Metaaaaaaaaaaal. Plus pretty much owt else you can think of.We love dancing/we love you dancing.You might have seen/heard us at The Washington, Bungalows & Bears, The Cremorne, Razor Stiletto, The Old House, Viva Climax, Lock Tavern, Rah Rah Rah!, The Pomona, The Harley, or a Working Men’s Club near you.We do themed nights & free for alls.We use C.D's, Records, Ipod's and broken ghetto blasters.We are available to play Bars, Pubs, and Clubs...Births, Deaths, and marriages.Don't be shy, get in touch.
As we’ve been mates for about 10 years we decided that buddy tattoos were a safe bet. Having both had a shit load of slammin tattoos…
Personally I’m just not into those deep and meaningful Miami Ink ‘my daughter beat cancer/dog died in a car crash’ style tats. I like pretzels I wanna get ‘em drawn on me for life. Plus- I don’t know anyone else who has been tattooed while drinking a Stella in a mate’s kitchen on a kit that had been bought off eBay. If you do…tell ’em to hit me up. So we can both laugh and point at each other.
Our lass designed our kickin’ new tats, cus she’s a bitchin’ artist (newly graduated aswell!) have a look at her stuff on www.myspace.com/jellyartwork . The whole design is a blatant reference to She who breaks hearts. The most over-looked 80s legend that is Pat Benatar.
If there’s one thing you should know about us, its our love for the hidden gem of the 80s that is The Benatar.
Heartbreakerhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZcSBurP8yLs
has featured in pretty much every set we have ever played since the dawn of ASBO (which, if I remember correctly was advertised as a wedding party for Britney and K-Fed. Cus everyone loves million dollar shot gun wedding in velour tracksuits). Shout out to Maz at Q Tattoo who did a kickin’ job on the pair of us. They look amazing. Plus getting tattooed by a woman was pretty fit.
So that’s pretty much it for the first blog. Ok, so I am no Perez Hilton (I haven’t got any Firecrotch snaps and America doesn’t give rats ass about my opinion on Miss USA) but the ASBO lasses do get up to some fun stuff now and again…so this mite be worth a bookmark. And a comment every now and again…?….
Less Twitting more teething.

No comments:
Post a Comment