13.6.10

Das Chip Shop

Me and my Baby Mama were lucky enough to catch the Das Chip Shop posse when they played SOYO bar this week, and they were bloody-ruddy brilliant.

Loud enough to make my teeth rattle and the screwed up bits of tissue in my ears (Ive got weak ears and no earplugs you guys!) pop out... it was like stepping back into the 1990s...you know-when gigs were allowed to be so loud that in later life you permenantly need an ear horn to beable to hear anyone say anything.

We all know this blog is an overblown twitter account for me to detail all the mishaps of Our Lass' day to day life, so I am not gonna pretend that I can critique a gig with any real creditbility but these guys were slammin!

I can only compare it to: spending an evening watching Faith No More, if Faith No More were from Sheff, and they were fronted by Doc from Back to the Future.  You've gotta love a band who's own drummer cant stop giggling cus he's buzzing off his own band so much.  Their enthusiasm and bitching tunes are infectious and before you know it you've downed 3 Deperados and you're trying to incite a mosh pit in SOYO. Frickin slammin' gig.
Go.and.see.this.band.  


PS. There's nowt I like better than watchin a band through the back of your head.

No comments: