30.7.10

Tramlines 2010





Prologue:

I dunno about you, but when I was 5 my mum threw me a birthday party. She told me, at the age of 5, that this would be my last party until I hit 18. I think this scarred me for life shaped the person I am today.
I hang out like every party is my last.


ASBO @ Tramlines teeth.



We all know that ASBO lasses love a bit of Sheffield, which is why we were totally stoked for Tramlines this year. A 3 day (free) bender of bands, djs and a slew of other magical shit to party on...headphone disco anyone?

Its the event that provided ASBO with the infamous slogan 'a shit nite with crap music'. Possibly the best/worst miss quote in history, check last year’s programme for further details...
At least they got our write up right this time.

If I could ask though? Next year- can our website link to anything but our My Space account? I clicked on our name ont official Tramlines site only to be taken back to 2005 and My Space..!!!!...they mite as well have taken you back to a picture of a midi disk player with our faces on it. I dont write this blog for nowt ya know.

Anyway I digress...
thanks to the guys at the Washington for Fridays event, especially the man behind Mixed in Sheff- if you havent attended one of his mammoth nites yet then; what you doin wi your life? He's a man of tireless energy with events to match. Its always teeming with sound people and the cream of local artists. Mixed in Sheff is truly a local flag ship as he manages to show case the full spectrum of talent on offer...thankfully he includes ASBO skillz in this so he had us down to finish off their first nite for Trams. Naturally, we'd just come from a wedding (our usual evening haunt...if there int a bride and a buffet, why are we attending?) so we were ready to get our dance on.  We finished the nite with ease, even managing to avoid arguing with the crowd for once. Feel the love.



I barely had time to recover from Friday before it was time to session Saturday's mainstage appeal on Dev Green. We'd been invited to deliver the goods at Tramz very own headphone disco. Me and Our Lass were beside our selves by the time we reached the tent.
Hands down, there is nowt better than a tent full of messed up youths prancing around in headphones with the only audible sound being a few out of tune screeches from the mouths of subconscious singers. Lucky for us, we were pitted against Sheff's finest disco tea party throwers- the delectable Fresh Fruits squad. They were totted up and ready to blast us down.

Forget David and Goliath, forget Nicki and Lil Moma this was the battle to end all battles. We may share the same address...but when it comes to silent discotheques. This.means.war. Sadly for all the haters, there was no announcable winner, there were no running punches and no ones girlfriend came in with a metal chair to slam down (do I watch too much TNA?).


 In fact those guys were so good, we had to switch channels a few times to catch their hits. The only thing that could make this shit better, was dropping the decks to catch the end of Tinchy Stryder's set. Just me, Fresh Fruits and a bunch of 10 yr olds. We got taste y'allz.
Tinch for life.

Sunday was basically all about the Gallows
The Gallows. The Gallows. The Gallows.
<3
Only this band could incite so much energy that the crowd would go for a circle pit around the war memorial monument in town (you know that one that the student wee-ed on?)
It was pure bliss. Pure hardcore metal bliss.

Basically Tramz was totally sick, roll on next year: more dancing on the bar please.
xox

No comments: