5.11.10

Whip my hair- Willow Smith

Check the video here


The new kick out by The Fresh Prince's miniature Rhianna angelic offspring should technically be on my hit list.
Its a wild song, on the caliber of a good Avril Lavigne (Boyfriend anyone?), the aforementioned Ri Ri (did you see last week's X Factor??) or even, at a push, the Goddess that is Ciara...but in reality it's kinda hard to swallow. 
Do 9 yr olds have haters?  Enough to compose raps about them? Much as I love the song, the video and how great her multicolored weaves look, she didn't create it.   She cant have woken up one day and thought-'Hey! Lip jewels are a style statement I can trend' (insert a # as required).  I just don't believe it.  It reeks of clever marketing and talented writers.  It does not say 9 yr old. No matter how you dress it up (in slammin playsuits).

What's even weirder is the dancing baby she employed in a Missy-Elliot-dancing-child- in-her-video style.   Only this time instead of an adult using a kid, the kid has to use a baby.  It's one step too Ally McBeal far for me. 

All in all, I wanna (and do) love it.  But it still doesn't sit right no matter how many dance routines I make up for it...

Aside from that I cant wait to drop the new Papa Roach track and have old school credible punks come and ask me who its by.

PS. You know the guy in the Papa Roach video really reminds me of someone...just cant put my finger on who...

No comments: