23.5.11

Day 3

 So, days 1 and 2 are a bit AWOL.  I think I just stayed in bed.*  I was awoken briefly by a transatlantic (its Majorca, but I dont know what river that is over...) phone call from The Lass.  I was so confused that I asked her if she was on holiday, or if it was all a joke.  At least I think I did - call it post traumatic stress or something.  

*Our Lass has gone on holiday.  Read past posts, I dont really want to talk about it...

Anyway, I can't help but think with all this outcry over the latest ash cloud, hasn't anyone checked?  Its probably Our Lass getting heavy on her duty free lung bleeders over a hotel balcony. 


 Gotta keep busy while the Mrs is away so I have mainly been sessioning Hype Machine crying over both Mona and AWOLnation.  It kinda feels like I am succumbing to a re-packaged Snow Patrol, but there's something about the both of them that makes me feel like I'm about to settle down to a angsty teen flick, probably starring Josh Hartnett or Winona Ryder.  It helps that both videos are equally moody and also that Ive yet to meet anyone who hasn't scoffed at my love of them.  God, I am like so isolated in my creative choices.  I think I'm gonna go write some poetry or make a collage from ripped up Melody Makers (remember those guys?  I miss the free cassette tapes and the blurred ink that got everywhere).

 This is a shitty image of some amazing shots that our good friend and talented artist Taylor Le Fin took in what seems an age ago.  She helps run the Dirt Poor Artists Network which is an amazing collective space for creative people to share ideas, make requests or discuss the ins and outs of the White Cube Space- or something.  Its been a while since I was at uni and was required to write about things with meaning.  So ignore my babble and click the link above, have a look.  If youre lucky they might even make something for you?

  
 
The cuts and bruises aren't real but the intense hatred is.  Just in case you were wondering.



 
 In my spare time Ive also been having a go on this http://drenge.tumblr.com/



Someone I don't know once said:
"Do everything you can. Do everything you can’t. Then you’ve done absoluely everything."



No comments: