8.3.11

'if you died a shit death, no one would care.'

Photo by Paul 'The Menace' Cantrell

Thanks to the Green Room for setting ASBO up for a buzzin new residency (catch us 1st Friday of the month 8 til late).  These guys know how to look after you.  They even supply the fairy lights-although I did have to turn them off flash mode, they were about to give Our Lass an aneurysm (she's a delicate flower y'know).  We had a good time getting to know the new venue...like where they keep the CDJs- that was a moment or two of sheer panic!   We were a little apprehensive (as always) when attacking a new joint...do they know who we are??? do they what they have booked?  What we play?  And how much budget wine we consume?  Luckily, the crowd at the 'Room were up for some fun and our eclectic madness of indie, cock rock followed by 90s r&b seemed to flow like a treat amongst the bottled beer and nestled nicely amongst the high volume of cherub tattoos (on men. Yes, really).  We cant wait to get back behind the decks.  We predict big things for this bar.  And we normally get these things right.



ASBO a GoGo, almost as fun as watching your Mum do aqua aerobics.

Wouldnt music telly be good without adverts? Oh, and Alexa Chung (fuck GONZO).

This week we have mostly been buzzin off Drenge.  Check out this band: Washington St. Paddys day.  ASBO will deffo be there.  These guys make their own zine and its ridiculous.  Issue 4 will be available at the gig.  Its worth it just for their musings on Jessie J if nothing else. 

We have also been sessioning the new Gaga extortionate copy song.  There are more than enough column inches written on this bitch, so I wont bother- apart from to say, Zombie Boy? When can get our five mins of tattoo-ed fame?  Do I have to get a shit diamond tat on my face to get credibility...oh, wait. Damn.

Also I need to make a public apology to our lovely housemate Mr Ninja (real name).  I didnt mean to kick you in the face.  I would totally care if you died a shit death and when you move out we won't forget you straight away.  Garry's favourite song isn't 'I hate Wonky Ninja', but he definitely does love 90s pop nu metal- but doesn't everyone?


ASBO a GoGo, selling out since 1996...or was it 1994? 
@asboagogo

No comments: